Only 1 left in stock
Intrigued by dandelions but not sure how to use them? In this 2.5-hour class, we will learn all things dandelion—from identification and close relatives to edible and medicinal uses. Then we’ll get out our bags, do some foraging, and (conditions permitting) make my absolute favorite dandelion soup—a recipe I’m sure you’ll want to replicate over and over again, as I do. We will dig dandelion roots and go through the steps to make dandelion coffee, a non-caffeinated coffee substitute relished since ancient times—and perhaps a few more dandelion favorites I have up my sleeve. Suffice it to say you should walk away with a wealth of ideas and practice under your belt that will enable you to use dandelions regularly in your own kitchen. We will round out the session with a plant walk pointing out other wild, feral, and landscaped edible plants that you can make use of for food.
- DATE: Saturday, May 28, 2022
- TIME: 9:00-11:30 AM
- LOCATION: Fairplay, CO (I will send the address to registrants.)
- COST: $50/person
- BRING: Camera/notepad, foraging bags (plastic or otherwise), digging implement, plate/cup/silverware, chair (if you would like one), mask for indoor use
- WEAR: Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, hiking boots, warm/cool layers, gloves (if you would like them)
- KNOW: Traffic to the high country can sometimes be bad, though Saturday is much better than Friday! But please plan accordingly so we can start on time. This class takes place in a town setting, in my yard and possibly the park across the street.