Out of stock
Spring is a good time to dig wild roots. In this 2.5-hour session, we will take a short plant walk to learn wild, feral, and landscaped edible plants growing in a town setting in Fairplay, Colorado. Then we’ll learn a handful of root vegetables (such as salsify, dandelion, creeping bellflower, and wild caraway), get our hands dirty digging, and prepare some roots to sample.
- DATE: Saturday, May 28, 2022
- TIME: 1:00-3:30 PM
- LOCATION: Fairplay, CO (I will send the address to registrants.)
- COST: $50/person
- BRING: Camera/notepad, foraging bags (plastic or otherwise), digging implement, plate/cup/silverware, chair (if you would like one), mask for indoor use
- WEAR: Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, hiking boots, warm/cool layers
- KNOW: Traffic to the high country can sometimes be bad, though Saturday is better than Friday! But, please plan accordingly so we can start on time. This class takes place in a town setting, in my yard and possibly the park across the street.